The museum will contact you to confirm your date and trip. After confirmation...
4. Collect the funds and submit your PAYMENT at least 30 days in advance of trip.
6. Review your custom ITINERARY AND CONFIRMATION packet emailed to you from us.
Field Trip Hours
Tuesday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
Field trips are not available for the 2017-2018 school year on these dates: August 15, 2017; September 19, 2017; October 17, 2017; October 19, 2017; October 20, 2017; November 7, 2017; December 5, 2017; December 20, 2017-January 7, 2018; April 2-6, 2018; April 13, 2018; April 20, 2018; April 27, 2018
Are you a group planning to visit this summer? Please fill out the group visit form here.
Field Trip Pricing
*Rates below are discounted and based on 30-day advance payment.
- Schools are listed on the SC Dept of Education Poverty index greater than 50% may be eligible to receive a needs based field trip while funds last.
- Schools receiving scholarships must visit during the months of September, October, January or February.
- The scholarship application is available on the date request form for schools who indicate that they meet the eligibility requirements.
Programs and Classes
- Programs must be added at the time of your date request. Click here to view a list of programs for your grade level.
Payments and Cancellation:
- Payments must be made 30 days prior to visit (check or credit card). Payments must be made 30 days in advance to receive quoted admission pricing (check or credit card). If unable to pay 30 days in advance, full admission rates will apply.
- No refunds are given for students unable to attend.
- If school is cancelled on the day of your visit, you may reschedule your visit within the same school year.
Adult and Student Responsibilities:
- One adult for every five students is required. Adults include teachers, teacher’s aides, parents, etc.
- Schools will not be allowed into the museum until the 1:5 ratio is met
- Adults are responsible for the behavior of all students during school visits.
- Students must stay with an adult at all times.
- No food, drinks, candy, or gum are permitted in the museum.
- Adults are encouraged to silence their cellphones or use them only when urgent.
- We reserve the right to ask disorderly groups to leave the building without refunds.
Arrival, Departure, and Parking:
- Only the booking teacher will check in the school at Admissions.
- Students should have on wristbands and be waiting on the bus for a TCMU program guide to board bus and give instructions for visit.
- Buses will drop off and pick up students in the bus lane in front of TCMU.
- Buses should pull as far forward as possible to accommodate all buses.
- New signs indicate the front lane is for bus drop off and pick up only. No buses will be allowed to stay in front of the museum.
- Personal vehicles may park in the Heritage Green Parking deck located behind Heritage Green. It is a city parking deck with a maximum fee of $4.00 per day.
- Arrive on time. Arriving late to your visit may result in a shortened or cancelled program to be determined by the Director of Programming. Refunds will not be given to groups arriving late.
- Seedings lunches are available for field trips and can be pre-ordered through TCMU. Click here to learn more.
- Order and payment must be submitted three weeks prior to your visit. Click to view a lunch menu and order form.
- The Café is reserved for groups who pre-order lunches through TCMU.
- Schools are welcome to bring their own lunches for dining outside on Heritage Green.
- Coolers and boxes with lunches may be removed from the bus upon arrival. TCMU will direct you to storage space. TCMU is not responsible for lunches brought in for storage.
- In the case of inclement weather, the use of the café can only be guaranteed to those schools who pre-order through TCMU. Others will be permitted as space allows.
- Coolers containing medication for students may be brought into the museum and stored in the sick bay.
- TCMU will schedule lunch times for each school group. Schools will be allotted 30 minutes for lunch.
- Schools are responsible for the clean-up of their lunch area.
- School groups should NOT eat lunch on the front steps of any of the buildings on Heritage Green.
- All trash must be placed into trash bags and placed by the lamp post across from the Sensory Wall in front of TCMU.
- Memberships do not apply for STUDENT admission on field trips.
- ADULTS who have a membership at TCMU will be allowed into the museum without paying admission.
The More to Explore Store:
- Take some of the fun home! Arts & crafts, puzzles, games, tee shirts books and more are available at our museum store for children and adults.
- Adults chaperones receive a store discount of 10% on the day of their field trip.
- TCMU reserves the right to photograph or video visitors.
- It is the responsibility of the teacher to notify TCMU staff upon arrival of any student who CANNOT be photographed.