The museum will contact you to confirm your date and trip. After confirmation...
4. Collect the funds and submit your PAYMENT at least 30 days in advance of trip.
6. Review your custom ITINERARY AND CONFIRMATION packet emailed to you from us.
Field Trip Hours
Tuesday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
Are you a group planning to visit this summer? Please fill out the group visit form here.
Field Trip Pricing
*Rates below are discounted and based on 30-day advance payment.
- Schools are listed on the SC Dept of Education Poverty index greater than 50% may be eligible to receive a needs based field trip while funds last.
- Schools receiving scholarships must book between September and February.
- The scholarship application is available on the date request form for schools who indicate that they meet the eligibility requirements.
Programs and Classes
- Programs must be added at the time of your date request. Click here to view a list of programs for your grade level.
Payments and Cancellation:
- Payments must be made 30 days prior to visit (check or credit card). Payments must be made 30 days in advance to receive quoted admission pricing (check or credit card). If unable to pay 30 days in advance, full admission rates will apply.
- No refunds are given for students unable to attend.
- If school is cancelled on the day of your visit, you may reschedule your visit within the same school year.
Adult and Student Responsibilities:
- One adult for every five students is required. Adults include teachers, teacher’s aides, parents, etc.
- Schools will not be allowed into the museum until the 1:5 ratio is met
- Adults are responsible for the behavior of all students during school visits.
- Students must stay with an adult at all times.
- No food, drinks, candy, or gum are permitted in the museum.
- Adults are encouraged to silence their cellphones or use them only when urgent.
- We reserve the right to ask disorderly groups to leave the building without refunds.
Arrival, Departure, and Parking:
- Only the booking teacher will check in the school at Admissions.
- Students should have on wristbands and be waiting on the bus for a TCMU program guide to board bus and give instructions for visit.
- Buses will drop off and pick up students in the bus lane in front of TCMU.
- Buses should pull as far forward as possible to accommodate all buses.
- New signs indicate the front lane is for bus drop off and pick up only. No buses will be allowed to stay in front of the museum.
- Personal vehicles may park in the Heritage Green Parking deck located behind Heritage Green. It is a city parking deck with a maximum fee of $4.00 per day.
- Arrive on time. Arriving late to your visit may result in a shortened or cancelled program to be determined by the Director of Programming. Refunds will not be given to groups arriving late.
- Seedings lunches are available for field trips and can be pre-ordered through TCMU. Click here to learn more.
- Order and payment must be submitted 30 days prior to your visit. Click to view a lunch menu and order form.
- Restaurant dining room is reserved for guests who order lunch through Seedlings. This includes the outdoor dining patio.
- TCMU does not facilitate the handling of any picnic lunches. Teachers who wish to picnic are encouraged to find locations to enjoy lunch at nearby parks or public areas.
- TCMU will not allow storage of school lunches in our facility.
- Memberships do not apply for STUDENT admission on field trips.
- ADULTS who have a membership at TCMU will be allowed into the museum without paying admission.
The More to Explore Store:
- Take some of the fun home! Arts & crafts, puzzles, games, tee shirts books and more are available at our museum store for children and adults.
- Adults chaperones receive a store discount of 10% on the day of their field trip.
- TCMU reserves the right to photograph or video visitors.
- It is the responsibility of the teacher to notify TCMU staff upon arrival of any student who CANNOT be photographed.