The museum will contact you to confirm your date and trip. After confirmation...
4. Collect the funds and submit your PAYMENT at least 30 days in advance of trip.
6. Review your custom ITINERARY AND CONFIRMATION packet emailed to you from us.
Field Trip Hours
Tuesday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
Are you a group planning to visit this summer? Please fill out the group visit form here.
Field Trip Pricing
*Rates below are discounted and based on 30-day advance payment.
- Schools are listed on the SC Dept of Education Poverty index greater than 50% may be eligible to receive a needs based field trip while funds last.
- Schools receiving scholarships must book between September and February.
- The scholarship application is available on the date request form for schools who indicate that they meet the eligibility requirements.
Programs and Classes
- Programs must be added at the time of your date request. Click here to view a list of programs for your grade level for Spring 2019 field trips.
- Click here to view a list of programs for your grade level for 2019-2020 school year field trips.
Payments and Cancellation:
- Payments must be made 30 days prior to visit (check or credit card). Payments must be made 30 days in advance to receive quoted admission pricing (check or credit card). If unable to pay 30 days in advance, full admission rates will apply.
- No refunds are given for students unable to attend.
- If school is cancelled on the day of your visit, you may reschedule your visit within the same school year.
Adult and Student Responsibilities:
- One adult for every five students is required. Adults include teachers, teacher’s aides, parents, etc.
- Schools will not be allowed into the museum until the 1:5 ratio is met
- Adults are responsible for the behavior of all students during school visits.
- Students must stay with an adult at all times.
- No food, drinks, candy, or gum are permitted in the museum.
- Adults are encouraged to silence their cellphones or use them only when urgent.
- We reserve the right to ask disorderly groups to leave the building without refunds.
Arrival, Departure, and Parking:
- Only the booking teacher will check in the school at Admissions.
- Students should have on wristbands and be waiting on the bus for a TCMU program guide to board bus and give instructions for visit.
- Buses will drop off and pick up students in the bus lane in front of TCMU.
- Buses should pull as far forward as possible to accommodate all buses.
- New signs indicate the front lane is for bus drop off and pick up only. No buses will be allowed to stay in front of the museum.
- Personal vehicles may park in the Heritage Green Parking deck located behind Heritage Green. It is a city parking deck with a maximum fee of $4.00 per day.
- Arrive on time. Arriving late to your visit may result in a shortened or cancelled program to be determined by the Director of Programming. Refunds will not be given to groups arriving late.
Please ensure you have read through our lunch policy guidelines below. Please reach out to our booking team if you have any questions:
- We guarantee café space for groups who order Subway lunches through the museum. Click here to read more about Subway lunches and fill out a lunch order form. The Cromer market is available for guests to buy sandwiches, snacks and drinks.
- The museum has limited café space for pre-booked Subway lunches and other guests who buy lunch at our Cromer market. Those who choose not to order lunch through the museum are responsible for their own lunches.
- You may choose to have a picnic on a public space, such as the Heritage Green lawn. You are also responsible for the storage of your lunches. We recommend putting all of your lunches on one bus for easy access. Please remember to bring trash bags to clean up your lunches after picnicking on the lawn.
- In the case of inclement weather, the museum will try to accommodate your group for lunches. Inclement weather includes:
- Freezing Weather
- Heat Advisories (as set by the National Weather service)
- Please note, if our outdoor exhibit, Bib’s World, is open, we do not consider the weather to be inclement.
- The museum will e-mail your school 24 – 48 hours in advance of your field trip if it looks like inclement weather is a threat. If space is available, we will let you know the backup plan to accommodate your group lunch should weather be an issue the day of your field trip.
- If museum space is available due to inclement weather, please ensure you have portable coolers for your chaperones to take your lunches to our cafe. The museum is not responsible for handling lunches.
Lastly, please help us, help you. The museum does not have staff members specifically responsible for handling or facilitating lunches. We ask that everyone who uses our café for Subway lunches or in the case of inclement weather cleans up all of their trash, wipes down their eating areas, and follows the schedule.
- Memberships do not apply for STUDENT admission on field trips.
- ADULTS who have a membership at TCMU will be allowed into the museum without paying admission.
The More to Explore Store:
- Take some of the fun home! Arts & crafts, puzzles, games, tee shirts books and more are available at our museum store for children and adults.
- Adults chaperones receive a store discount of 10% on the day of their field trip.
- TCMU reserves the right to photograph or video visitors.
- It is the responsibility of the teacher to notify TCMU staff upon arrival of any student who CANNOT be photographed.