Open January 21-May 7
TINKERTOY® is TCMU’s newest traveling exhibit. The exhibit features 1,500 square feet of space targeted to children ages 3-10. Giant replicas of the classic TINKERTOY construction set provide the framework for fun, and educational activities inspired by GE technologies turn imagination into working solutions to real world challenges. While visiting the exhibit, visitors will enjoy a variety of activities that allow them to:
- Invent –Children can match real inventions with their natural inspiration and create a design of their own.
- Collaborate – Dual-sided panels allow visitors to work independently or with a partner to create TINKERTOY designs.
- Energize – Children can explore GE’s commitment to renewable energy as they use a kid-powered fan to test their own wind-powered TINKERTOY creations.
- Change – A Rube Goldberg-like contraption illustrates the power of creative thinking and how simple mechanisms work.
- Process/Connect –Finding the correct path through a graphic maze answers children’s curiosity about “Where does the water go?”
- Develop –A special rotating TINKERTOY hub array inspires children to consider the impact of their personal choices and self-care.
- Create – This open play area reserved for children age 3 and older features a spectacular assortment of TINKERTOY pieces – the perfect place to build their imagination.
The exhibit will be open through May 7. The exhibit is open Tuesday – Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sundays from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Members only preview party on January 20 - RSVP here or register at the door!
TINKERTOY™ is sponsored by:
The TINKERTOY®: Build Your Imagination™ exhibit was developed by the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum in collaboration with PLAYSKOOL® and GE. TINKERTOY is a trademark of Hasbro, Inc. and is used with permission. © 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.